Semester 2 – Spring and Summer seasonal video art lessons
You asked for it! A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels Video Art Course is now available – with semester options! Because you ARE an artist. We begin with A simple start… because as children didn’t we all start my drawing big loops and circles with chalk? ~ Nana (Lucia Hames). Nana walks you and your artists through the steps of creating beautiful artwork, providing tips on colors and teaching chalk pastel techniques.
Enjoy from the comfort of your home at your convenience and on your schedule.
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set
- Paper — copy or computer paper you have on hand and a pack of construction paper will get you started
Chalk Pastels for What Ages?
Chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Chalk pastels are a unique art medium. Younger artists find chalk familiar and fun. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless. Adults that enjoy these tutorials as well. Because art is for everyone!
“Easy enough for your smallest one that is able to hold a piece of chalk, challenging enough for high schoolers and adults. No need for expensive supplies – head to your local mart or craft store and get the chalk that fits your budget… Go- This. Will. Bless. Your. Family. I Promise! Nana and Tricia do all the work, you just gather your artists.” ~ Angie at Petra School
What is included in the course?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work and asking questions.
How to view the course?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course.
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist! More on the teacher in Get Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
Try a Free Art Lesson from our full course
Enjoy this introductory lesson from Nana! Apple or Pumpkin
Supplies needed: Paper you have on hand, a starter set of chalk pastels.
Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.
A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels Video Art Course Includes:
- Love Bird
- Three Little Chicks
- Birds Nest
- To The Woods
- Lily Pad
- Dogwood Blossom
- Queen Anne’s Lace
- Fruit Bowl
- Beach Umbrellas
- Sandpiper Shore Bird
- At the Beach