Solar System Video Art Course is for beginning or continuing art lessons in the chalk pastel medium.
Chalk pastels are a wildly successful medium – especially space art! If you have been wanting to add art to your days, now is the time. The galaxy full of art stretches out…
Introduction by Lucia Hames
Whenever you look up in a dark, night sky what do you see? Ah, when I was a child, I used to think that the night time was just a shade that God pulled down over the day and the stars were little pinpricks of light that shone through the shade. But you know better! There are wonderful sights for us to see and paint in space! You can pick up your brightest orange pastel and give it a twist with your fingers in a circle, and, there you have the planet Jupiter, glowing in a darkened sky. Then an oval of palest blue pastel and you have the famous rings around this planet. There is so much to explore in the night sky. Space IS the final frontier! Our sun shines brightly on these planets. Maybe one day, you will be adding your footprints on the surface of our moon? The possibilities are endless – all because you ARE an artist!
Encouragement from Tricia Hodges
This the first chalk pastel video course and ebook the children and I have developed on our own. Why is that important? Well, since we have been enjoying chalk pastel tutorials since 2010, we have been learning that we ARE artists. Nana has been encouraging us and leading in most of the chalk pastel tutorials. We now have the confidence to boldly step out and create tutorials on our own because of our practice with chalk pastels. And we are so pleased to share all we have learned from Nana!
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set. You will use quite a bit of white chalk pastel sticks. Ours were just little nubs of pastel when we finished. You might consider getting a package of just white chalk pastels if more than one artist in the family is using this course.
- Paper — You will mostly use black construction paper for this course. Copy or computer paper you have on hand for just a few tutorials as well.
Solar System Video Art Course for What Ages?
Chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Chalk pastels are a unique art medium. Younger artists find chalk familiar and fun. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless.
What is included in the course?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work and asking questions.
11 Solar System Video Art Course Tutorials
- Solar Eclipse
- The Plutoids
- The Solar System
Try a Free Art in Space Lesson
How to view the course?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Tricia and the children leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course.
The Teacher, Tricia Hodges
Homeschool mother of five, Tricia thought she didn’t inherit the art gene from her mother. But as she watched Nana teach her children she started building up the courage to try chalk pastels herself. All it took was practice and both the Easter Art for All Ages and Art in Space digital art curriculum were born! Yes, chalk pastels are such a fun and successful medium.
The Hodges family spent a year studying astronomy and so the resident junior astronomers join us for the videos. They have interesting facts to share along the way.
Start your art journey through the solar system today!