Introducing You ARE an Artist video art courses!
- A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels full course with 45 video art tutorials for your artists
- A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels: Semester 1 with 20 fall and winter art tutorials
- A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels: Semester 2 with 20 spring and summer art tutorials
- Spring Video Art Course with 9 spring art tutorials
- Easter Video Art Course with 9 tutorials to celebrate the season
- Art in Space Video Art Course Bundle
- Solar System Video Art Course
- Space Exploration Video Art Course
- Birds Video Art Course
- Preschool Basics Art Lessons Course
- Seashore Video Art Course
- Medieval History Video Art Course
- Art Techniques Video Art Course
- American Landmarks Video Art Course
- Solar Eclipse Video Art Lessons
- Fall Video Art Lessons for All Ages
- Fall Preschool Video Art Lessons
- American History Art Course
- Ancients History Art Course
- Nights and Crusaders
- More history and geography courses
- Preschool Advent
- Winter Games
More to come!
Sign up to be the first to know when new video art courses become available…
What else do you need to get started? Very Short Supply List
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store
- Paper — copy or computer paper and a pack of construction paper will get you started
In this video introduction, Nana explains the very short supply list and invites you on a journey. You will be an artist!
Why Chalk Pastels?
- Frugal starter set of chalk pastels is around $10 and the whole family can share
- Successful for all artists plus forgiving and fun!
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
Sample Lesson – Apple or Pumpkin
Enjoy this sample video art lesson from Nana!
Supplies needed: Paper you have on hand, a starter set of chalk pastels.
Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.
Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
A simple start… because as children didn’t we all start my drawing big loops and circles with chalk? ~ Nana (Lucia Hames). Nana walks you and your artists through the steps of creating beautiful artwork, providing tips on colors and teaching chalk pastel techniques.
View each lesson on any digital device.
Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course.
We hope art blesses you and enriches your lives as much as it has ours! ~ The Hodgepodge