In this video, Nana shows you how to apply a fixative to your finished chalk pastel painting. By applying fixative such as a simple layer of inexpensive aerosol hair spray, you can preserve your chalk pastel art. Nana also discusses framing a chalk pastel painting under glass.
Chalk Pastel Art Applying Fixative
Suggested supplies for applying fixative:
- Finished chalk pastel painting.
- Inexpensive hair spray works as well as more expensive art sealant.
- Go outdoors to apply if at all possible!
View more Frequently Asked Questions here.
You might also like:
- Our Favorite Chalk Pastels
- Nature Journaling with Chalk Pastels
- You ARE an Artist Co-op Program
- Glossary of Chalk Pastel Techniques
- About ChalkPastel.com