What is included in this course?
- A variety of American history themed video art lessons
- BONUS: Columbus Sailed the Ocean blue written tutorial: http://www.hodgepodge.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Columbus-Sailed-The-Ocean-Blue.pdf
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for American History Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
Feel free to stop, rewind and enjoy each video art tutorial at your own pace. Enjoy each one over and over as you practice with chalk pastels and learn more about this era of history.
Paint a representation of this famous event. A tea cup and a ship!
Enjoy an art lesson of the early American colonists.
Paint a representation of the thirteen colonies – with the gathering storm from England across the sea.
Paint a silhouette of America’s first president, George Washington.
Paint this very famous part of the war – the burning of the White House.
Paint a most important document – the American Constitution in chalk pastels!
Yes, women were a part of war as well. Paint an action scene with chalk pastels!
Paint the objects that went with Paul Revere on this famous ride — his hat and a lantern.
Paint the beautiful discoveries of Lewis and Clark!
Paint Native American Headdresses from the western tribes.
Paint this most important French military and political leader.
Paint the French flag in chalk pastels!
Paint the epic sea battle of 1812 between the USS Constitution and the HMS Guerriere.
Calling artists of all ages! In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Paint a wonderful tall ship and an epic voyage — in celebration of Columbus Day.