With this video art course you can learn how very versatile chalk pastels are!
What is included in this mini course?
- A variety of video art lessons on techniques with chalk pastels
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
- Nana’s written art lesson, Icarus by Henri Matisse
- Monet’s London at Twilight video art lesson (with Chalk Pastel Tips and Techniques)
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Art Techniques Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
With some background on Master Artist Claude Monet, enjoy this introduction to impressionism with chalk pastels.
Yes, you can paint this very famous masterpiece with chalk pastels.
Explore color with chalk pastels with a lesson on Georgia O’Keeffe’s hibiscus flower.
Create a masterpiece in the style of Picasso with his Bouquet of Peace.