Paint a dandelion with seeds in all of its glory!
What is included in this course?
- A variety of backyard nature themed video art lessons
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Backyard Nature Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
Feel free to stop, rewind and enjoy each video art tutorial at your own pace. Enjoy each one over and over as you practice with chalk pastels and learn more about this nature study in your own backyard.
A green anole is such a fun backyard visitor to observe and paint with your chalk pastels!
Such a common backyard creature – the ant. Will you make yours climbing up the ant hill?
This chipmunk is so cute! Paint his puffy cheeks with chalk pastels!
Hummingbirds flit about the backyard feeder. Capture this art in action!
These light up the summer sky! You can observe and paint one too. Complete the painting with a night time scene.