A snail on the mossy forest floor and a mushroom too!
What is included in this course?
- A variety of forest nature themed video art lessons
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Forest Nature Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
Feel free to stop, rewind and enjoy each video art tutorial at your own pace. Enjoy each one over and over as you practice with chalk pastels and learn more about forest nature study.
Walk along your favorite forest trail then paint what you see!
Wouldn’t you love to spy a red-eyed tree frog in the forest?
What fun to paint an eagle’s nest! I’m sure you will see some type of bird’s nest on your forest walk.
Always be careful on a forest walk. Paint a non-venomous black rat snake with Nana.
Have you spied a deer in the distance? Paint this beautiful scene with the reflecting trees.