Paint the sword in the stone in chalk pastels!
What is included in this course?
- A variety of medieval themed video art lessons
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Knights & Crusaders Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
Feel free to stop, rewind and enjoy each video art tutorial at your own pace. Enjoy each one over and over as you practice with chalk pastels and learn more about this era of history.
Paint a medieval banquet table with a surprise!
A festival tent will be fun to paint in chalk pastels!
The falconer and hawk are fun to capture in chalk pastels.
It’s not an actual battle! Enjoy painting the roses representing each house.
A crusader to paint in chalk pastels!
Paint a medieval knight – with full armor.
Paint the famous Robin Hood in chalk pastels!
Paint a beautiful medieval shield in chalk pastels!