Heart – make a Valentine, a card for someone you love or a decoration for your home! Suggested supplies: pink construction paper. Red, blue, green, yellow and purple chalk pastels.
What is included in the course?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Simple starting techniques – how to hold the chalk pastel, how to turn the pastel on its side for more art
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work and asking questions.
BONUS! You are invited to join our Weekly Art Lessons on our Facebook page. Every Wednesday at noon ET. Join us live or anytime at the replay.
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Preschool Spring Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. Regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
You ARE an Artist
We encourage you to share photos of your art time and/or finished art work. Nana and Tricia would love to see it and comment! Here are a few ways you can share:
- Post a photo on Instagram and tag @ChalkPastelArt and/or use the hashtag #YouAREanArtist.
- Upload a photo to our ChalkPastel.com Facebook page
- Email a photo via the contact form at ChalkPastel.com
Yes, you ARE an artist!
Tree – notice the changing seasons and learn how to smudge some leaves onto the top of your tree. Gather yellow construction paper or what you have on hand. Also…
Rain cloud – those spring flowers need some water! Have fun making a painting the cloud heavy with moisture. Blend and dot, dot, dot the rain step-by-step. Suggested supplies: yellow…