Two sets of American history art lessons together! With your chalk pastels at the ready, let’s take a tour of American Landmarks AND paint American history from sea to shining sea! It’s American history and geography art lessons all rolled up together for a marvelous learning experience.
What is included in this bundled course?
- A variety of American history and geography themed video art lessons
- BONUS: Columbus Sailed the Ocean blue written tutorial: https://www.hodgepodge.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Columbus-Sailed-The-Ocean-Blue.pdf and a Weekly Art Lesson – video version on the ChalkPastel.com Facebook page.
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for American History Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
Feel free to stop, rewind and enjoy each video art tutorial at your own pace. Enjoy each one over and over as you practice with chalk pastels and learn more about this era of history.