What is included in this course?
- A variety of bird video art lessons
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Bird Chalk Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. For this bird art course you may want to sketch the bird shapes with a pencil first. For paper – regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
For this course you may also want to have a bird field guide on hand to refer to. We used a bird field guide often in creating these tutorials. It is nice to refer to a field guide to see the colors and to just learn more about each bird!