What is included in this course?
- Solar eclipse video art lessons
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages.
General Suggestions for Space Chalk Art
If you have been enjoying chalk pastel art tutorials with us for any time you know that we talk about light quite a bit. Before we begin a tutorial, we consider the light and which direction the light source is coming from. With all of these solar eclipse art tutorials, we suggest you do the same. Painting the ‘light’ is what makes your painting look real.
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. Black construction paper is used in all of the tutorials. Also, we used a small, dessert-sized paper plate to trace and make round planets. You likely have something similar at home you can use. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.
You will also use your white chalk pastel stick quite a bit. Enjoy – we had a blast creating this video art course for you!
P.S. We recommend the video How to Watch the Solar Eclipse by Destin at Smarter Every Day