Welcome Read Aloud Revival Subscribers
Nana has the perfect celebration of the beloved picture book story of the Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall! Nana helps you weave your story in art as you discuss the change of the seasons and all the Ox-Cart man and his family produce through hard work. Learn that you ARE an artist as Nana shows you how to paint in the style of award-winning artist, Barbara Cooney. You become the artist of your own work of art depicting rural life in New England.
Here’s How to Enjoy Nana’s Ox-Cart Man Art Lesson
You will just need a very few suggested supplies, below:
- a starter set of chalk pastels (Our favorites are here)
- construction paper (Nana suggests white construction paper for this lesson)
- baby wipes or damp paper towel for easy clean up
Suggestions for younger artists: This lesson can easily be simplified! Nana suggests drawing the scene behind the ox-cart with the hills, the house and the tree. Make your painting whichever season you would like to paint!
Keep Learning with More Art Lessons for Your Homeschool
- Be sure to grab your FREE set of Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art Video Art Lessons with Nana!
- Join in on the holiday fun with a tour of Grateful for Thanksgiving Homeschool Days Like These and Christmas Tea Time With Art.
Enjoying this Ox-Cart Man art lesson? Nana has 700+ video art lessons for all ages!