Teacher Amy Waters (Ms. Amy) walks you and your artists through A Simple Start in Sewing Video Lessons.
Enjoy from the comfort of your home at your convenience and on your schedule.
Why would you want A Simple Start in Sewing Video Lessons? You might:
- have a love or curiosity for sewing
- want to save money
- reuse or recycle something
- desire to be a good steward of the resources God has provided
- want to learn the Biblical perspective on sewing
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating list. Just…
- Thread, needle, scissors, buttons
- Various materials – each video will list the very few supplies you will need for the project. Variety of fabrics you like. Often you will use something you have on hand.
- Loom, loops and hook for weaving
A Simple Start in Sewing for What Ages?
What is included in the course?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage new students
- Independent learning for older students
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing your creations and asking questions.
How to view A Simple Start in Sewing?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Ms. Amy leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the course.
The Teacher, Amy Waters
Enjoy the Introductory Lesson for A Simple Start in Sewing
Enjoy this sample sewing lesson from Ms. Amy!
A Simple Start in Sewing Video Lessons
- Intro – How to Make a Sewing Kit
- How to Sew or Repair a Hem
- How to Sew or Repair a Seam
- How to Make a t-shirt Bag
- How to Sew on a Button
- How to Weave (Make Pot Holders) and finish the sides with a chain stitch crochet
- How to Make a Pillow and How to Make a Stuffed Animal
- How to Make or Repair a Button Hole
- Six Simple Embroidery Stitches
*This is a stand alone course and is not included in the You ARE an Artist Clubhouse membership.
Ms. Amy is a true gift to those of us who need all the help that we can get…just sewing on a button, the way to mend a rip of material on the knee of a child’s jeans…she is a master teacher at these skills! And, she is dear to us all at ChalkPastel. We consider her a woman “worth far more than rubies!” Nana