Our I Drew It Then I Knew It video art lessons help with understanding and recall of facts. The artist student enjoys the lessons, and, most importantly, the facts and history behind each famous artist. This art time then spurs artists on to further learning on their own!
“I paint as a bird sings.” – Claude Monet
What is included in the Famous Artists Video Art Lessons?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work, asking questions of the teacher and interacting with fellow artists.
How to view the Famous Artists Video Art Lessons?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- This course is exclusive to the You ARE an Artist Complete Clubhouse because new lessons will be added each month. You have access to the lessons for as long as you are a Clubhouse member.
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist!
Famous Artists Video Art Lessons for What Ages?
Though the Famous Artists Video Art Lessons are designed with upper elementary to high school students in mind, chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Chalk pastels are a unique art medium. Younger artists find chalk familiar and fun. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless.
See how you can use Nana’s lessons in Exploring Famous Artists with Chalk Pastels.
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set. See our favorite chalk pastels here.
- Paper — You will mostly use construction paper or copy/printer paper for this course.
- Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.
47 Famous Artists Video Art Lessons
- da Vinci
- Beatrix Potter
and a new one added about once a month!
Series valued at $235