Now you can sample Nana’s history eras and inventors lessons with this I Drew It Then I Knew Video Art Lessons Sampler. These are just a taste of what your older student artists will enjoy!
As teachers, we know that art helps with understanding and recall of facts. I Drew It Then I Knew It Art Lessons help all ages to learn.
For example, let’s take our pastels and paint the Roman Coliseum. We can use all the reds, golds and orange to make a wonderful pastel painting. While we paint, we chat about where the Coliseum was built, when, and what it was used for. Then a while later, a question comes up about the Coliseum. The artist student remembers the painting, and, most importantly, the chat about facts on this classic Roman treasure! It is all about triggering facts and reinforcing the learning that is already happening in your home. Each student works at his or her own pace through our many art courses, enjoying pastels while learning!
All it takes is a starter set of chalk pastels, construction paper and these video art lessons to enjoy learning! No expensive, intimidating list of supplies.
What is included in the I Drew It Then I Knew It Video Art Lessons Sampler?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work, asking questions of the teacher and interacting with fellow artists.
How to view the I Drew It Then I Knew It Video Art Lessons Sampler?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- Once purchased, you have lifetime access to the lessons.
History art lessons with samples from all four of our history art lesson subscriptions:
Ancients – Roman Coliseum
Medieval – Crown
American History – George Washington
Modern – Electric Light Bulb
Find out more about I Drew It Then I Knew It video art lessons
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist!
I Drew It Then I Knew It Video Art Lessons Sampler for What Ages?
These I Drew It Then I Knew It history lessons are designed with upper elementary to high school students in mind. However, chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless.
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set.
- Paper — You will mostly use construction paper for this course. Copy or computer paper you have on hand for just a few tutorials as well.
- Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.