Our I Drew It Then I Knew It video art lessons help with understanding and recall of facts. The artist student enjoys the lessons, and, most importantly, the facts and history behind maps and cartographers. This art time then spurs artists on to further learning on their own!
“Have you ever wanted to have an adventure traveling the world? Now you can! I have a way that you can hop aboard a ship and sail the ocean blue! YOU are going to become a cartographer…a person who draws maps for sailing vessels, goes on expeditions…go to places you have dreamed about…Africa, Ireland, India, China, Japan, Great Britain…just to name a few places! You will love drawing rocky shores, rivers and seas! Oh, I have LOVED maps ever since I was in the fourth grade! (I did NOT go to school in a covered wagon!) come on with me! Let’s go adventuring…what about a map of the stars…or a map that…changed mankind? You will see, because YOU are ALL artists!” ❤️Nana
What is included in the Maps Video Art Lessons?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work, asking questions of the teacher and interacting with fellow artists.
How to view the Maps Video Art Lessons?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- This course is exclusive to the You ARE an Artist Complete Clubhouse because new lessons will be added each month. You have access to the lessons for as long as you are a Clubhouse member.
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist!
Maps Video Art Lessons for What Ages?
Though the Maps Video Art Lessons are designed with upper elementary to high school students in mind, chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Chalk pastels are a unique art medium. Younger artists find chalk familiar and fun. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless.
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set. See our favorite chalk pastels here.
- Paper — You will mostly use construction paper or copy/printer paper for this course.
- Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.
Maps Video Art Lessons Includes:
- Great Britain, Scotland and Ireland
- United States and Canada
- Lewis & Clark’s journey – with a special nature lesson from Cindy of No Sweat Nature Study!
- Biblical maps including the journey to Bethlehem for Christmas
and a new one added to the Complete Clubhouse about once a month!
Valued at $100+