Monthly History Art Lessons Subscription
– finding creative ways to teach history
– trying to figure out how to fit art into your curriculum
– teaching your children art when you don’t know how to draw
We created a special I Drew It Then I Knew It History Art Lessons Subscription just for you!
As teachers, we know that art helps with understanding and recall of facts. I Drew It Then I Knew It Art Lessons help all ages to learn.
For example, let’s take our pastels and paint the Roman Coliseum. We can use all the reds, golds and orange to make a wonderful pastel painting. While we paint, we chat about where the Coliseum was built, when, and what it was used for. Then a while later, a question comes up about the Coliseum. The artist student remembers the painting, and, most importantly, the chat about facts on this classic Roman treasure!
Since you know your history learning schedule best, this will be more self-directed than our annual Clubhouse membership. And guess what? Nana also offers maps and presidents lessons in the You ARE an Artist Complete Clubhouse.
Access to history art lessons for the entire family for a low, monthly price
History art lessons to match your schedule and your studies
Early access to new history art lessons for your track
Choose From History Video Art Lessons Tracks:
- Ancient History – Ancient Video Art Lessons, Old Testament Bible, New Testament Bible
- Middle Ages History – Medieval Video Art Lessons, Knights & Crusaders
- American History – American History Video Art Lessons, American Landmarks
- Modern Era History – Modern History Video Art Lessons, Art in Space Video Art Lessons, Inventors
Find a listing of the individual video art lessons in each course included in Nana’s I Drew It Then I Knew It Lessons here.
What is included in our Video Art Lessons?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
How to view the online video art lessons?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- Once purchased, you have access to the courses in your history track for the length of your membership.
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist!
No expensive, intimidating list of art supplies. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- A starter set of chalk pastels
- Paper you have on hand – construction paper or printer paper
- Our video art lessons
- Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.
You ARE an Artist Membership Options
Complete Clubhouse Membership includes ALL video art lessons, ALL I Drew It Then I Knew It video art lessons listed above. Also includes Nana’s continuing series on Maps, Presidents, Famous Artists, Composers and Hymns. Annual $250, Quarterly $70, Monthly $30 – Find out more here.
Artist Clubhouse Membership Annual $200 (two months for free over the monthly option – that’s roughly $16 a month or $4 a week for the whole family!) Quarterly $55, Monthly $20 – Find out more here.
History I Drew It Then I Knew It eras (Ancients, Middle Ages, American, Modern) Monthly $10.
How Do I Drew It Then I Knew It Lessons Match Homeschool Studies?
History: Tapestry of Grace, Compass Classroom, Classical Conversations, Morning Time Plans by Pam Barnhill, Story of the World, Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett, Simply Charlotte Mason, The Homeschool Garden, Winter Promise, Heart of Dakota, My Father’s World, The Mystery of History, Beautiful Feet Books, Layers of Learning, Claritas Publishing, Biblioplan, Passport to Adventures, Yellow House Book Rental and more!
Plus these lessons are a wonderful complement to nature, artist and hymn studies like our friends at Apologia, NaturExplorers, Harmony Fine Arts, SQUILT, Handbook of Nature Study and more!
What Others Are Saying
“This is the quietest my kids have been all day! They concentrated on their American history chalk pastel pieces. I love this program! It allows me to intentionally include art with our studies yet frees me up from being the teacher!” – Maureen Spell